Fundamentals I and II (2 Day)
Sep 12 - 13, 2022
Training Hours: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale/Plantation Hotel – 8530 West Broward Blvd, Plantation, FL 33324
The first day of training will cover WELLE’s Humane and Effective Response Options®, including WELLE’s Foundation Principals, Intro to De-escalation, Intro to Self-Protection and Intro to Forming Partnerships.
What You Will Learn:
- Stay safe and be more effective in ALL situations using WELLE SMART Principles®.
- The Language of Violence: The Lalemand Behavior Scale®.
- Using the Lalemand Behavior Scale® to create clean and objective documentation.
- How to make a clear request – and be heard the first time.
- Three skills to keep conversations on track – and avoid being sucked into the argument.
- Offering realistic choices during high-stress interactions.
- Now That’s Motivation – help those you serve create a livable life with WELLE’s ‘Green’ Behavior Scale.
- Basic physical skills training in WELLE‘s Safe and Humane Physical Intervention Skills.
Taking WELLE’s fundamental principles and techniques into Day Two, your instructor will expand upon WELLE’s Humane and Effective Response Options® with training in de-escalation tools, partnership building and self-protection, and teach the Intro to Restraint Techniques module.
What You Will Learn:
- WELLE‘s superior de-escalation techniques, including defusing skills to safely handle arguers.
- How to generate cooperation by knowing when and how to make a request.
- Restraint prevention and elimination.
- Reducing the severity of restraint.
- Staying safe during physical intervention.
- Understanding levels of resistance.
- WELLE‘s Restraint Timeline.
- Improving the accuracy and value of post-incident reviews.
- Basic to intermediate physical skills training.
This basic-to-intermediate level course is available as a two-day workshop whenever Public Seminars are scheduled. No WELLE certification or prerequisites required. Upon successful completion, participants receive a WELLE Certification.
For more information or to register by phone, please call 1.800.358.6277 Ext. 15.