Mar 28 - Apr 01, 2022
Training Hours: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
BayCare Health System – 2985 Drew Street, Clearwater, FL 33759
This certification course covers all of WELLE’s Advanced Training modules and the skills to teach those modules to fellow staff members. Standard trainers are welcome to join Advanced Training Certification courses at selected private locations throughout the year.
What You Will Learn:
- WELLE‘s Advanced Humane & Effective Response Options™
- Learn WELLE’s SMART Principles™ at the Advanced level.
- Learn safety awareness skills.
- Learn the difference between humane/abusive, effective/ineffective staff behaviors.
- Learn the Advanced Language of Violence: Advanced Lalemand Behavior Scale™.
- Learn to Identify and safely/effectively respond to criminalized thinkers with WELLE‘s Antisocial Behavior Scale™.
- Learn to communicate clearly and professionally under high stress.
- Learn advanced listening skills.
- Learn advanced skills in offering choices during high-stress interactions.
- Learn advanced defusing and de-escalation skills, including defusing a crowd.
- Learn safe vehicle transport.
- Learn skills designed for working with the high/intoxicated person.
- Learn the WELLE Staff Response Scale™ – advanced skills in choosing the most helpful response.
- Learn how to build cooperation to reduce violence – advanced skills.
- Learn self-protection for serious attacks – WELLE Advanced Physical SMART Principles™.
- Learn WELLE‘s industry-leading Small Body Restraint Modifications™.
For more information or to register by phone, please call 1.800.358.6277 Ext. 15.